These MousekeMoms can not contain our excitement! It’s official. Disney Cruise Line sets sail August 9!
Beginning August 9, the Disney Dream will kick off it’s long-awaited return to cruising from the U.S.—with tropical voyages to the Bahamas departing from Port Canaveral, Florida.
As always, Disney ships are overflowing with magic—from beloved character encounters to enchanting Broadway-style musicals and a spectacular fireworks display at sea. We can’t wait to experience the Magic at Sea, but like you we have questions. Here are some of the key points.
Health and Wellness
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Disney Cruise Line strongly encourages all eligible Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before sailing. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from pre-trip and Embarkation Day testing requirements (unless arriving from outside the United States) and travel insurance requirements. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers people to be fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose has been administered.
- Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (paid for at the Guest’s expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special rate of $98.33 per PCR test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee) through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics. Guests may also obtain their PCR test from any independent testing supplier. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID-19 pre-trip testing.
- Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: Guests are required to undergo a rapid PCR COVID-19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal prior to boarding. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding. The $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older. Disney Cruise Line acts as the paying agent for Inspire Diagnostics and will remit the entire cost of the COVID-19 test to Inspire Diagnostics. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID-19 Embarkation Day testing.
- Travel Insurance: For cruises departing from Florida through December 31, 2021, Guests 12 years of age and older must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy that meets coverage requirements. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of obtaining travel insurance.
- Face Coverings: All Guests (ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19) are required to wear face coverings indoors, except when in their staterooms or actively eating or drinking (while stationary and maintaining an appropriate physical distance). Face coverings are not required for Guests outdoors while on board the ship and at Disney Castaway Cay.
- Reduced Guest Capacity and Physical Distancing: Considering guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other medical experts, we’re reducing overall Guest capacity in our terminal and aboard our ships, and modifying our experiences to promote physical distancing.
Disney is harnessing the power of the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app to promote physical distancing for all on board.
New features of the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app include:
- Guest Services Live Chat: Get the answers you’re looking for with our new live chat feature that lets you communicate directly with Guest Services and our Dining and Port Adventures team.
- Virtual Queue: In an effort to promote physical distancing and make planning easier, Guests will need to join our new, easy-to-use virtual queue to debark the ship at all ports of call.
- Mandatory Emergency Drill: To promote physical distancing on board the ship, you are required to participate in the Mandatory Emergency Drill by using the app to check in at your designated Assembly Station.
In addition to Health and Safety Measures and Innovative Technology, Disney Cruise Line is employing enhanced cleaning strategies, special cast member training, and clear communication with guests.
The cruise experience may have changed a bit, tailored to our times and presented with all the care you’ve come to expect from Disney Cruise Line.
Here is everything you need to know before you go as Disney Cruise Line sets sail once again.
The MousekeMoms, Lori, Jennifer and Juliana, are experienced Disney moms who dole out valuable, honest, no holds barred information on their weekly podcast to help you plan your Disneyland, Walt Disney World or Disney Cruise Line vacation.
After all, Disney moms know best! And they are the best at planning your Disney vacations as the proud agents and owners of Kingdom and Cruise Travel- where vacation wishes come true.
Email us for a free, no obligation vacation quote. Our vacation planning services are always 100% FREE.